Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Cry of Distress

I learned the hard way with Dylan not to rock a baby to sleep. Because when you don't feel like doing it anymore, they don't know how to put themselves to sleep. After a long drawn out process of removing myself from the falling asleep equation, I swore I wouldn't do it with my second.

So basically Camryn got shafted but it worked. I put her in her crib wide awake for naps and bedtime since birth and she figured out how to fall asleep on her own. It's fabulous!!! Sometimes she fusses a little or talks to herself but very rarely does she cry.

Last night she was exhausted from playing outside in the heat all day, so when I put her in her crib I figured she would be out in a few minutes. I came downstairs and started painting. When she started to cry, I gave her a minute to see if she would stop. But for some reason she hit a soft spot and I took her cries as a good excuse for some snuggling.

When I reached for her in the crib, I saw that her chubby little arm was stuck between the rails. She was crying because she was in pain. Not only was she stuck but her sucking thumb was out of reach.

We snuggled as I sang her a song and she was out cold. It's a good thing her crying was rare because if it was Dylan I probably would have let the poor guy cry it out while he struggled to fall asleep with his arm stuck between the rails!

No comments:

Post a Comment