Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Whatever happened to

learning your ABC's and how to tie your shoes in Kindergarten!!! Dylan is amazing me with the stuff he is coming home with.

Last week at dinner he told me, very matter of fact: "People on the other side of the world don't have freedom! They get told who to marry and some people aren't allowed to go to school."

I've heard about the "big wall" that they had to crush so people could be free. He told me about the pilgrims finding our country and when they got here all they could find were Indians. He ever touched on the Americans battling with the British and we won!

His enthusiasm for learning is fantastic. He can't wait to go to school in the morning, comes home happy and full of things we wants to teach me. I've learned new songs, letter sounds and even some math skills!

It's such a sigh of relief to see him truly enjoying himself. He got his very own library card at a ceremony last night for all the kindergartners. He loved seeing all his friends and interacting with them outside of the classroom. Watching him last night confirmed that he is in the right place. I'm glad that I followed my heart in sending him.

Now I better brush up on my schooling so when he asks me all these questions, I can answer them!

No comments:

Post a Comment