Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Itch

Four of my friends just had their third baby. I have to admit that when each one announced their pregnancy, there was a tinge of wonder. I loved being pregnant so as their round bellies grew, there was a small longing to feel a baby kick. I was secretly worried that once the babies arrived, I would be sad that we decided to stop at only two childen.

Well, the babies are here!!! They are all small, beautiful and precious. They have that amazing baby smell, can curl up into the tiniest ball and make the sweetest cooing sounds. As I hold them, I soak it all in. But surprisingly, no itch!!!

I don't miss the sleepless nights, breastfeeding around the clock or trying to juggle a toddler and newborn (let alone 2 toddlers). Life is good, life is easy. Don't get me wrong, I loved when my kids were babies but now they are so much more fun! I'm enjoying each stage as it comes and goes and it just seems to be getting better! The absence of the itch confirms to me that our family is complete as is!!! Or is it....

My sister-in-laws' dog just had puppies and I feel the itch now. Not only because they are the cutest little furballs but to see the way my kids responded to them. Dylan was eager to hold them and learn all about them. Camryn was instantly nurturing and motherly towards them. I want them to be able to expereince a puppy, the responsibility of taking care of it, the process of training it and running around the yard while it nips at their heals!!! Callie is an integral part of our family and when we lose her, I won't be able to replace her. So I want to get a puppy before that happens, so we are never without a dog.

It's safe to say that there will not be any more two-legged additions to our family, but four-legged....it's only a matter of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment