Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Bah Humbug

Christmas is 10 days away and I'm not really in the holiday spirit. Usually around this time of year, my days are filled with decorating, wrapping and baking. But this year, I'm just not feeling it.

Perhaps it's because we have no where to put decorations. There are no shelves to put knick knacks on, no hooks to hang stockings and our Christmas tree stands alone in the corner of a practically bare room. Or maybe it's because every waking moment I'm laying hardwood floor, wiping away sheet rock dust or painting.

We've been under construction for over a year and I've reached my limit. From all camping out in one room, living with walls down to the studs and now without a kitchen. I've tried the positive attitude: "It will all be worth it in the end" or "Someday we'll look back at this and laugh" and "Look how far we've come." All of those statements are true but honestly, all I want for Christmas is my house to be back together!

This table holds my kitchen essentials.

This is the current state of my kitchen. Notice anything missing?
We've been surviving without a stove. Luckily our family owns a restaurant and won't let us starve. But the kids no longer think breakfast for dinner is a fun concept.

Here is where I do dishes. And as you can see I can't let them pile up very much.

But I can always count on Camryn to brighten my mood. She must of sensed I needed a dose of holly jolly so she made it snow.... inside!!!
Not only is Styrofoam not environmentally friendly, it's not Camryn friendly either.

1 comment:

  1. oh you're sweeping the sheet rock dust?? i gave up... i'm pretending it's a layer of snow. ;) the floors look beautiful! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete