Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

13.1

In an effort to ensure that my accomplishments over the next 20 years consist of more than just caring, cooking, cleaning and carpooling, I'm trying to do things for myself. So the past 12 weeks I've been training for a 1/2 marathon.

The race was this past Sunday and I finished it!!! It was extremely hard though. Killer hills and much hotter weather than what I had been training in. I stopped at every water stop and ran through every sprinkler. I didn't think I could make it another step until I saw my husband, kids and dad cheering for me at the finish line. I even managed to meet my goal of finishing the race in under 2 hours.

Dehydrated and physically exhausted, I immediately spotted a free ice cream truck. I grabbed a bomb pop, ice cold and packed with sugar, it was the best thing I ever tasted. By that time my family had found me amongst the crowd and was congratulating me on my accomplishment. The kids were particularly impressed with the metal I had won (they were given to all the finishers!) And I was proud of every single mile it took me to get here, because here is exactly where I want to be!!!!

1 comment: