Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Summer Wrap-up

August seems to get shorter every year. I know it's a lame excuse for not posting in over a month but I'm sticking to it.

August started off with a trip to Boothbay Harbor Maine, where we had an amazing week. We rented a house right on the ocean with some lifelong friends of ours! We spent our days doing everything from beaching it, to working on a live lobster boat, ziplining, bike riding and fishing. At night the adults enjoyed fresh seafood dinners accompanied by some cold refreshments! We played cards and shared lots of laughs.

The next two weeks were spent at the beach or the lake. Swimming, water skiing and tubing. Dylan earned a train ride to a pizza party through the reading program at the library! We had playdates, went hiking and frequented the local playground.

My high school girlfriends and I fled to Newport for the weekend to celebrate our 30th birthdays....although we are all pushing 31! Sooo many laughs and too many drinks, I was sad to see it get cut short by the arrival of Hurricane Irene.

We evacuated Newport to all return home to our families and batten down the hatches before the storm hit. It was a good thing we did, she was nasty storm! We were out of power for 7 days, forcing the schools to delay their opening date. The kids enjoyed an extra week of summer, while I struggled to feed them nutritious meals (hell...even hot meals), scrounge up clean clothes for them to wear and keep them relatively clean!

Well a power outage certainly was not keeping me from my last adventure of the summer! Girls weekend #2!!!! (my hubby gets some major brownie points) This time it was with my college roommates who haven't all been together in seven years. I packed my last clean outfit, hid my greasy hair under a baseball cap and drove to Hoboken! It was a reunion for the books! Once we realized we couldn't party like we were still in college, we resorted to sitting on the couch in our pajamas re-telling stories of our glory days. How easy it was for all of us to come together and seem like we never skipped a beat. A fabulous weekend with tearfilled good-byes as we parted ways not sure of the next chance for such a reunion.

And finally, a Labor Day Pizza-Que at our house. Husbands and children included! It was a perfect way to end the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment