Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Monday, January 25, 2010

Big Shoes

There was no doubt in my mind that the kids would be well cared for. I mean, these are my parents and I know how amazing they are....they raised ME! But now that I've been home for a few days, I'm slowly realizing that I have awfully big shoes to fill.

Let me start by saying I think the kids might have had more fun then we did. From the stories I'm hearing, there was never a dull moment. My parents took them gallivanting and out to fun restaurants. They invented new games and made old toys fun again. They had ice cream every night and bedtime...what bedtime? My parents gave every ounce of their energy to my kids while I was gone.

But that's not all! I came home to an immaculate house! The dishes were done, laundry washed and folded and not a single toy on the floor. My mom cleaned out the bottom of our garbage can, wiped out the vegetable drawers in my refrigerator and scrubbed my husband's disgusting work shoes! She found places to clean that I didn't even know existed. And I know she did it all after the kids went to bed because with all the fun they were having she didn't have time while they were awake.

Words are not enough to thank them for allowing me to relax on my vacation. I'm grateful to have them in my life and love watching them be a part of my kids lives.

So mom and dad just know that ever since I had kids, I've tried to be the kind of parent you were to me. Everyday I aspire to fill your shoes. And after this vacation....I think they got a little bit bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment