Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Don't misunderstand me....Antigua was amazing. 5 days of no cooking, no dishes, no laundry, no time-outs and absolutely no responsibility. We enjoyed doing the things we used to do on vacation before kids. We went scuba diving, rode ziplines through the rain forest, relaxed on the beach and even read a book. We took naps in the sun, drank in the middle of the day and had long conversation filled dinners. We arrived as two exhausted parents of toddlers and left as an energetic honeymooning couple.

Here are some of the highlights:




But I can't say we didn't think, talk or dream about our kids the entire time we were gone. The first day, there really was no mention of them. But soon we found them popping up in conversation and even wishing they could be experiencing some of the things with us. By the last day we had our next FAMILY vacation already planned. So although we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, we were anxious to get home. So when our flight was canceled, I was hysterical. I had thought I was going to see my kids and now I wasn't. They were expecting me home and I wasn't going to make it. It was the worst feeling to have absolutely no control over when I could get home to be with my kids.

Now that I'm home safe and sound with my children in my arms, I can see the results of my vacation. I'm soaking in every moment, enjoying the things that were previously boring and have all the patience in the world. The kids are elated to have my attention and now I can give them 110% of it.

Dorothy said it best: "There is no place like home."

No comments:

Post a Comment