Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Saturday, September 4, 2010

There is a ringing

and it's not in my head.

This is the third night this week, I have been woken up in the middle of the night by a telephone ringing. Of course, when you hear your phone ringing in the middle of the night, you immediately think the worst. It has to be an emergency because my girlfriends know better than to call to gossip that late at night.

So in a panic, I run downstairs, yes we only have one phone, thanks to my kiddies dropping it in the dog's water bowl, and it is inconveniently downstairs, to find that it's not my phone ringing. It never fails, it always stops as soon as I reach the phone. So I check my caller ID and no one was calling me.

Confused and annoyed to have been woken up, I head back upstairs to my bedroom. The TV in our bedroom is off, so I can rule that out. Luckily, my husband is awake and I confirm that he heard it too. I lie awake and listen to his rhythmic breathing, jealous of his ability to return to sleep so quickly and effortlessly.

I, however, need to first calm my nerves and realize there is no emergency because no one was actually trying to contact me. And second, ponder what else could the noise have been. It's an unmistakeable telephone ringing. The kids have toy phones but I can distinguish between the singing sound of the toy ring and the actually telephone. Could it be our neighbors phone? How loud must their phone ring for us to be able to hear it with all our windows closed?

Not able to solve the mystery of the midnight telephone call, I finally fell back asleep! But it was the first thing on my mind when I woke up. I am determined to figure out what it is, so I can be spared the midnight dose of panic!

No comments:

Post a Comment