Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Monday, February 15, 2010

Brownie Points

My birthday falls the day after Valentine's Day much to my husband's dismay. He chooses not to participate in the Hallmark holiday and his crazy work schedule limits our birthday celebrations mainly to breakfast. So typically mid-February comes and goes without much fuss!

Not this year! My amazing husband out did himself! On Valentine's Day I was instructed not to eat dinner with the kids and make sure they were in bed by the time he got home. Being the wife of a chef may not be so bad after all..this is what I was served:


Homemade Sweet Potato Gnocchi tossed in a Maple Cinnamon Sage Brown Butter


Hand-crafted Fried Ice Cream

And the food kept on coming. When I finally rolled out of bed at 8:30 on my birthday, my family and this were waiting for me downstairs!


This is a year for the books. I always tell my husband the best gifts are homemade...especially when it's food!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment