I have never been more stressed about anything in my life. Send him or hold him? If only his birthday wasn't so late in the year I wouldn't even have to make this decision.
There are pros and cons to both sides of the spectrum and I honestly can't say I'm swaying more to one side or the other. I heard giving them an extra year to grow and learn in pre-school is not going to hurt him. But sending him when he's not ready could. But holding him when he is ready could leave him bored in pre-school which could lead to behavioral problems.
Our town is full day kindergarten and just seems to have evolved leaps and bounds since I was in kindergarten. The kids will leave kindergarten knowing how to read 43 site words, right 3 sentences and know some math problems. What ever happened to good old finger painting?
I know Dylan is smart and I have all the confidence in the world in him. I just hate the fact that the decision lies on my shoulders. If he struggles with school later on down the road, I know I'll find myself wondering if I sent him too soon. But in the same breath, I don't want to inhibit his opportunity to progress in his learning. I truly just want to do what's best for him and am looking to his pre-school teachers for some guidance.
All I can say is thank God for Camryn's April birthday!