Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Family Snow Day!

For the first time ever, my husband had a snow day from work! Having the whole family snowed in together just made the day that much better!

We watched the snow fall as we stayed cozy in our jammies. We went from one activity to the next without much fuss from anyone. We played Wii, designed bead necklaces, created Playdoh cakes and built a volcano!

When the snow finally slowed down we had around 2 feet!

We couldn't pass up a chance to play in that much snow. It might be the only time the kids see this much snow in their lifetime. So we bundled them up and out we went. It was so deep, it was hard to do much of anything other then jump and fall into it!

Exhausted from trudging through the snow that was up to their knees, the kids retreated to the plowed driveway where they could manuever better.


Callie enjoyed chasing the kids through the depths of snow but had to do her best lion pounce to stay on top of it

When we came inside to warm up, we made homemade pumpkin raviolis, coconut chicken and cream cheese brownies for dinner. The kids were in bed at their regular bedtime and I got to snuggle on the couch with my hubby and watch a movie.

Snow days usually leave me feeling lonely and resentful of my husband's job. I'm always jealous of my sister and girlfriends whose husbands get to stay home from work on snow days. I'm left to entertain the stir-crazy kids all by myself!

But today was a day for the books, because we got to share it as a family!!! And it doesn't get any better than that!


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment