Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year

WOW!! I thought Christmas vacation flew by when I was in school. But it really flies by when you're the parent.

Our holiday was fabulous! The kids tore through enough wrapping paper to wrap the Titanic!! They reveled in each present and were oozing with gratitude toward the gift givers! A few (who am I kidding,) a TON of new toys sure makes a difference. We were so occupied with all their new stuff, there was never a lull our day. Their behavior towards each other was remarkable! They shared their new toys, escaped to imaginary worlds and honestly enjoyed each others company.

The snow made the vacation extra special. The snowboogies that Santa brought were a big hit! Despite the bone chilling wind, we spent 2 days sledding! My husband and I were even racing on the track we made.

It was so nice sleeping in, staying in pajamas and not having anywhere to be. I was sad to see Dylan go back to school yesterday! I don't get a lot of time with him during the week and his behavior over this vacation proved to me how much he is growing up. Camryn found her toys to be less exciting without her brother to play with them. Luckily, he was anxious to show all his friends his new magic tricks.

So it's back to our normal routine. But I'm already counting down the days until February break!

No comments:

Post a Comment