Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Monday, January 10, 2011

Potty Training

I don't even know if I can call it training. Camryn seriously decided to do it all on her own!!

She has been interested in the potty for awhile and started giving me a hard time about wearing diapers. But Dylan was a nightmare to potty train. I started when he was 3 and he still had occasional accidents for about a year!!! It was the most frustrating aspect of parenting I have encountered. So I was in no hurry to go through it all over again.

But Camryn's interest peaked and I felt like a lazy mom by not embracing it. So it was my New Year's resolution to get rid of the diapers and just go for it. It's only been a week and she is incredible!! She goes when she needs to, without the extreme urgency Dylan had from waiting until the last second. I've yet to see her perform the intricately choreographed potty dance that her brother invented. And she has even master pooping!!!

She averages only one accident a day. And when she has one it actually upsets her. Unlike Dylan, who would happily play in his wet clothes and deny that he had an accident even though the evidence was clear!

What a different experience it has been! So thanks to Camryn for helping me earn my potty training badge!

No comments:

Post a Comment