Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Monday, March 29, 2010

An Amazing Gift

I know it sounds cheesy but I'm a firm believer in homemade gifts are the best kind of gifts. And I don't mean it just as a mother, although I do love to receive pasta necklaces and hand print plaques.

Adults seem to be getting craftier with their gift giving as well. I recently made a photo book of my friends kids and wrote a story to narrate pictures I had collected of them. I received handpainted letters for Camryn's birthday that now hang in her room. These things take more thought and make the gift so much more meaningful.

But today, I received a gift that surpassed being crafty. One of our great friends milled us our first piece of furniture for our new addition. It started as a tree stump and now is an accent table for our living room.


This picture doesn't even do it justice. You have to see it in person to see the detail and feel the textures. I'm so excited to have a new living room to display it in. It is a real work of art and I'm honored to have received it.

No comments:

Post a Comment