Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Upgraded

After the fancy menu my husband whipped up for my birthday, the pressure was on when it came to his special day. I'm a decent cook but I like to think my forte is baking! My favorite part of birthdays is seriously the cake, let me re-phrase that, the ICE CREAM cake. And usually for the kids I decorate it in a fondant theme that matches that of the party. But now that my husband is in his 30's, I figured he deserved something a little bit more sophisticated. So I retired my Wilton decorating tools for this one and scoured the epicurious website for some scrumptious recipes.

So we invited another couple over for some wine and dessert! I served chocolate mousse with Bailey's Whipped Cream in an edible cookie bowl! It was decadently delicious!


For the family celebration on his actual birthday, I dabbled in a little cheesecake making. I blended two recipes together to create my own Key Lime Cheesecake. I knew it was a hit when I saw people licking the remnants off their utensils!!



My husband enjoyed the indulgence. I thought both desserts were rather tasting myself. But we both decided, no need to upgrade when ice cream cake is just THAT good. My kids agreed!!!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment