Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Friday, March 5, 2010

Still here....

I know I haven't posted anything in a while but I have a good excuse. I have a job! After much trepidation I finally started my career in the real estate world.

It's exciting to be part of a team environment and as an added bonus they are all adults!!! Although I'm just in training, it's nice to get out of the house in work clothes and have intelligent conversations. I honestly think this is just what I needed!

I already have a new found respect for working moms. I've only gone to the office for 3 hours every day this week and I'm exhausted. I'm going to have to adjust to waking up, actually showering and making myself presentable to the public. The housework doesn't magically get done while I'm gone and now I have even less time to procrastinate. The effect it's had on my parenting as been immediate. I'm not used to being away from my kids and even though it's only a few hours a day, it's made a difference. I maximize my time with them now. When we are playing I'm in the moment, not thinking about other things I should be doing or feeling bored. Dylan seems to be challenging me less and enjoying me more. And Camryn is super excited each time I return and anxious for my attention.

All in all, the changes my new job has brought about so far have been positive ones. And I think it's only going to get better from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment