Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Acting your age

I'm not one to worry about my age. Birthdays are not a big deal and I don't stress about getting older. For the past few years, I've really still seen myself as a college kid. The only difference is I have a little more responsibility now.... a husband, 2 kids, a house with bills, etc. But once you strip all those things away, I'm still just a college kid underneath. Or so I thought!

Last night my husband and I went to a concert at a venue we used to frequent in high school as well as college. Well last night I realized, I am worlds apart from college kids. At first, I felt sad and old. I was reminded of a time when life was so easy and carefree. With all the free time in the world and little responsibility.

But then I observed those college kids I thought I envied and can honestly say I wouldn't want to be in their shoes anymore. The things I was trying to hold on to were memories. Great memories with great friends that are still a part of my life. And now our time spent together consists of different activities with more variables, but we are still have a blast making more memories.

As I stood there on the lawn listening to Tim McGraw in my husband's arms while college kids went mud-sliding down the hill, I knew I was exactly where I wanted to be. In that moment I embraced this stage of my life. I prefer to stay home and read books to my children before they go to sleep. A perfect night out now consists of excellent food, entertaining conversation with friends and an overpriced but worth every drop, fancy cocktail.

And in the words of Tim McGraw: "There's no place I'd rather be!"

1 comment: